For the graduate project requirement of Introduction to Artificial Intelligence (CS581) I implemented the new A* variant known as JPS. I was happy enough with the results that I used the technique in The Voxel Chronicles.

if you’re interested, feel free to view the slides of my presentation MAKE A* 10x FASTER (SOMETIMES): A Fun* Presentation on Jump Point Search… but you’ve got to promise you’ll let me know if I got something wrong!  The performance data is from my initial, naive implementation – when I rewrote the code to use in the game, it got a bit faster.

If you’ve got questions, which you probably do if you read that without me there to explain my poorly labeled graphs (sorry!) just let me know with a comment below.